Monday, November 21, 2011

Ahhh a new blog, so much more "me". I had a great craft idea I figured I could blog about and then I decided before that I needed a change of scenery on my blog so here it is my new blog and my first new post!

With it starting to get colder out now and Miles on modified quarantine I have to think of some creative ways to keep him entertain/occupied/and work on his sensory issues.

I would love a sensory/light table but atm we cant put out the 300+ bucks on one, so the other day I got creative and made my own little Sensory Box.

Step 1 you take any cardboard box you have lying around at the house and carve different shapes into both sides.



Then I found some white and green tissue paper (can use any) and ripped it up.


After that I wrote what the shapes were below them and shoved the paper in the box. I put it in front of Miles, who let me tell you was so excited while I was putting it together he could hardly wait to attack it lol. I would point to a shape and say "Miles pull it out of the circle" he would reach in and grab it and pull it out.




He just had a blast pulling the paper out of the different holes, he would look into the box when it got low and stick his hand through a hole to find it!






With all the paper out of the box it gave us a new extremely fun game to play.







Needless to say we had a fantastic day with this easy to do craft and play. I'm going to try and figure out more fun things to do with our shape box and other ideas I have and can blog about them to share with my fellow little ones couped up at home for the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment