Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wonderful moment


There is just something so wonderfully beautiful about just holding your baby, not because they are hungry, to comfort them or to play but just to hold them and in the moment just loving each other.

I remember the first time I held Miles against my chest, he was 6 days old we were doing Kangaroo Care which is were the baby is just in his diaper and the mom (or dad) bares there chest so you can be skin to skin. For preemies this is such an encouraged care to do for your baby, it helps develop a bond between the parent and baby you miss out on in those first few hours of life, it help moms produce the milk their babies need, but its also shown to help preemies become stronger.........I remember those 20 minutes, not the smell or who was around, not his stats or the amount of tubes he had but I remember the moment, the beautiful feeling we shared together.

Tonight I experienced a moment so similar, something only Miles and I shared with this familiar feeling from the past.

Miles and I were taking a bath (we bathe together yes, he was to small for his bath when he came home so with me it was just easier and now we both love it!) Anyways, he was getting tired and usually that means we need a quick bath to get him out before he fusses but not tonight. Tonight we got in and I was letting him play but he kept reach up to me like he wanted to be held so I laid back a bit and brought him up on my chest and he just laid his little head down and stared his beautiful blue eyes at me. We just looked at each other, I trickled water down his back so he wouldn't get cold and we were just in this beautiful moment together once again for no other reason then we just wanted to be.





1 comment: